Friday, May 17, 2013

OBIEE 11g Navigation to other reports does not pass all prompt / attribute values

I created a summary and a detail report in 11g. When I was clicking on a number in summary, it was navigating to the detail, but it did not pass the prompts for Year and month that was selected in summary. I cheked the detail report, the year and month filters were present.

After much deliberation, I found the issue in the way I was creating the prompt. In 11g, we have the option of selecting columns from multiple subject areas in the prompt, and I was using this to add same fields using icon below:







When you are in select columns dialog box, the green icon at the top allows you to select different subject area, following by letting you add columns from that SA. That works good, but the problem is that syntax of column in summary report and here in drill report will now be different, which will make drill down/navigation not to pass values to target.

To avoid this, start with subject area that has all the fields from where drill down needs to pass values, then add columns from other SA. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment